As an Amazon Associate, Robovac may earn from qualifying purchases.
If you’re looking to buy a robot vacuum, you’re in the right place as this is our regularly updated list of the best robot vacuums based on overall scores here on the site. As you’ll have seen from our robot vacuum reviews, we take various factors into consideration when rating a robot vacuum. This goes from the obvious, like cleaning capabilities and battery life, to smaller details such as the size of the dust box and which accessories are included in the box.
There’s no change in our top five ranking in September 2020, with the Eufy RoboVac 15C MAX continuing to outperform the competition on a price to performance basis. We hope all our readers are keeping well during these challenging times.
A crucial consideration is the fact that value for money factors into the overall rating too, so the robot vacuums featured here will be rated purely by their score, with no consideration for their price and they have made their way here because they are simply the best robot vacuums. You can check our current and up to the minute pricing on each model throughout this feature to ensure you find something to suit your budget. This ensures a balanced overview of the robovacs featured.
For clarity, if two robot vacuums both score a 90, but one is half the price of the other, the more expensive model is likely better overall. Value for money plays a part in our scoring and may hold back our overall rating on more expensive models, or boost cheaper ones. Nevertheless, we feel that value for money is an important consideration to make and we hope that all our readers will find the best robot vacuum for their individual requirements.
The Best Robot Vacuums
Eufy RoboVac 15C MAX – The Best Robot Vacuum Overall
Storming into first place, we have the Eufy RoboVac 15C. Launched in April 2019, this model replaced the ever-popular RoboVac 12 in Eufy’s current generation and brought with it some fantastic improvements. Those improvements were so good, in fact, that it takes the top spot overall. Unsurprisingly, it also finished first in our Eufy RoboVac buyer’s guide, where it outdid stiff competition from the RoboVac 30C and the RoboVac 11S MAX which, at the time of writing, just misses out on this feature as the sixth-best robot vacuum cleaner.
What makes the Eufy RoboVac 15C MAX so special is the sheer amount of power and functionality that it packs in at the price. It sits above the cheapest robot vacuums, which are usually deficient in important areas, but below the truly advanced robovacs like the Roomba 981, covered below.
At this mid-range price point, we find ourselves with a robotic vacuum that just about does it all. Some advanced features, like mapping and virtual walls, are missing from this model, but you won’t find them anywhere else at this price either. For the former, you can expect to spend at least twice as much, and even a basic version of virtual walls that use magnetic boundary strips, as found on the RoboVac 30C and the Coredy R650, will usually set you back more.
Eufy RoboVac 15C MAX Highlights
- Slim and lightweight. The 15C MAX reaches under furniture for a thorough clean throughout the home. It also ranks among the lightest robot vacuums in existence, presenting no trouble at all for those that need to empty their dust box regularly or take the machine upstairs.
- Fantastic connectivity. Most robovac owners would prefer not to bend down and turn their robot vacuum on every time they want to use it, and they do not come any more well-connected than this. The RoboVac 15C comes with an infra-red remote control in the box, and instant compatibility with your Apple or Android phone and tablet where you can start and stop cleans and schedule future activity. To round it all off, the RoboVac 15C MAX will link to your existing Amazon Alexa and Google Home setup for basic but handy voice control.
- Strong suction to deal with dirt and dust across almost all home surfaces. If there is dirt on the floor, you can expect your robot vacuum to get rid of it quickly and effectively. The 15C MAX works well on hard floors and carpets, and only thick rugs will pose any kind of problem with this robot vacuum getting along on its way.
The Eufy RoboVac 15C MAX is the Best Robot Vacuum For:
- New robot vacuum owners. This robovac is a fantastic showcase of the potential of robot vacuums in general and will give any buyer an insight into what they can achieve when they introduce this type of smart device into their home. There may come a time when you decide to upgrade to a more expensive model with cameras, mapping and routing, but the 15C will not let you down in the meantime. If and when you do decide to replace it, you can pass this one or put it upstairs – the app means you can activate it from the sofa and the drop sensors ensure it will not come down to see you unexpectedly.
- Anyone seeking value for money. As we have touched on already, you will not find an alternative robotic vacuum cleaner that packs this much power and connectivity into a slim, lightweight model at this price point. It is cheaper than a good upright, and just as effective, with the added benefit that you can remain seated while it does the job.
- Smart home aficionados. You can start or schedule a clean from the other side of the world if you so choose. Even if you do not travel all that much, the opportunity to turn this one from any room or even to get Alexa to do it for you is something not to be missed.
iRobot Roomba 981 – The Best Robot Vacuum for Owners of Larger Homes and Gadget Lovers
- WiFi connected smart robotic vacuum cleaner, with aero fore cleaning system & recharge & resume, runs for 2 hours
- iRobot home app lets you clean, schedule and set custom cleaning preferences from your smartphone
- Aeroforce cleaning system with carpet boost automatically provides up to 10 x times the air power on carpets and rugs
- iAdapt 2.0 Navigation with visual localisation enables Roomba to navigate and clean an entire level of your home
- Automatically recharges and resumes cleaning to complete the entire job
If your budget extends to around three times as much as what you’d pay for the RoboVac 15C MAX, then it does not get any better than the iRobot Roomba 981. As we mentioned in our Roomba 981 review, you may have heard of this robot vacuum under a different name. It is also known in some places as the 980, and everyone that speaks of this robot vacuum considers it as robotic royalty. Roomba is the Rolls Royce of robovacs, and while this is not the most expensive model they have ever made, it is often the first to come to mind when you think of the brand.
If you love your gadgets as much as you love getting out of the housework, the Roomba 981 packs in a fantastic amount of technology to ensure you not only end up with a spotless clean but could potentially then spend hours just playing with settings and options. Indeed, the only major drawback of this robotic vacuum is the noise. At 70 dB, it is among the loudest vacuums going, but that is a small price to pay for this cleaning power and the sheer sense of excitement every time you use it.
iRobot Roomba 981 Highlights
- Packed with features and technology. Regardless of which robot vacuums you’ve read about in the past, there are not many features you’ll have seen that the 981 cannot match or exceed. On top of everything you’d expect as standard, there is camera-based navigation, a full bin indicator and return and recharge. With that, in rare cases where the battery runs out before the job finishes, the Roomba will return to base to charge and then pick up where it left off.
- An outstanding clean. On paper, some potential robot vacuum buyers may wonder why they would pay three times as much for less suction – the Roomba 981 boasts 1,700 Pa, compared to the 2,000 Pa on the RoboVac 15C MAX. However, nobody knows more about combining suction power, brushes and technology for a superior clean than Roomba, and you really will find every floor spotless when the job completes.
- An excellent battery. The battery used in the Roomba 981 is bound to add to the cost somewhat, but it is worth the money, especially if you live in a larger home. Even with all this technology onboard, the Roomba will run for two uninterrupted hours and then only requires a further two hours to return to a full charge. That is incredible anyway, but when combined with the return and recharge feature, it is genuinely outstanding.
The iRobot Roomba 981 is the Best Robot Vacuum For:
- Anyone happy to pay for the best. There are more expensive and arguably better robot vacuums out there, including from iRobot itself. However, you surpass affordability when you go further than the 981, and the incremental improvements are perhaps not as impressive. For this price, we have a robot vacuum that does not compromise and does just about anything and everything that most domestic users would need.
- Those with larger homes. A tremendous clean is a given on any device bearing the Roomba branding. When it combines with the battery life and adaptability of the Roomba 981 across all surfaces, you know you have a robovac that simply will not let you down. The only consideration we might make there is to do upstairs first. The return and recharge functionality is vital in large homes, so make sure your robovac is on the same level as its docking station if there is any danger of the feature being required.
- Those that value an efficient clean. We know by now that the Roomba 981 gets the job done, and it does so in style. With the onboard camera and all the sensors you’d find on less expensive models like the Roomba 671, it cleans the right way. Give it a chance to get used to your home, and there’s a chance it will know its way around better than you do!
Eufy RoboVac 30C – The Best Robot Vacuum for Those that Set Boundaries
- Wi-Fi Convenience: The EufyHome app, and Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant voice control-services let you accomplish your vacuuming needs with zero effort from you.
- Worry-Free Cleaning: Set Boundary Strips and the robotic vacuum cleanerâ€s slim 2.85â€ body withâ€”upgraded to 1500Pa* suctionâ€”only cleans the areas you want.
- BoostIQâ„ Technology: The robotic vacuum cleaner will automatically increase suction power within 1.5 seconds when extra vacuuming strength is neededâ€”so you get the best clean.
- A Quiet Clean: Up to 100 minutes** of constant, powerful suction at a volume no louder than an operating microwave from this robotic vacuum cleaner.
- What You Get: RoboVac 30C, 13 ft Boundary Strips, remote control (2 AAA batteries included), charging base, AC power adapter, cleaning tool, extra set of high-performance filters, 4 side brushes, 5 cable ties, welcome guide, and our worry-free 12-month warranty.
The Eufy RoboVac 30C’s younger brother, the 15C MAX, stands out as the overall winner as things stand, but the 30C definitely holds its own. As we mentioned in our Eufy Buyer’s Guide, all of these models inherently benefit from being part of the Eufy brand. We said earlier that the Eufy RoboVac 11S MAX narrowly missed out on featuring in this guide. It sits in sixth place in the rankings as of the most recent update to this feature, and that is an impressively consistent range.
As you may or may not be aware, Eufy is part of the Anker brand. If you have purchased a phone charger, power bank or portable speaker from Amazon in the last few years, there’s every chance that you got it from Anker. Their expertise extends to the research and development of robot vacuums too, just under a different name. You get all the perks of buying from Anker through Amazon on Eufy RoboVacs, including first-class customer service, an excellent returns and warranty policy and frequent discounts/combination deals.
The 30C generally costs around the same as the 15C MAX in line with Eufy’s strategy, and this may seem unusual on the surface. After all, the 30C boasts lower suction at 1,500 Pa, compared to 2,000 Pa on the 11S MAX and 15C MAX. However, a word we always return to here is ‘sufficient’, and 1,500 Pa is enough to clean most homes without any difficulty at all.
The differentiator and the reason for the comparable price is support for boundary strips. If you desperately need to block off individual rooms or specific parts of the floor, then the RoboVac 30C pulls ahead of the 15C MAX. You receive 13 feet of Eufy’s official boundary strip tape in the box with the 30C and can buy more as required for around £20. Crucially, you cannot just buy the tape separately and use it with the 15C MAX, as that model lacks the sensors to avoid them.
Eufy RoboVac 30C Highlights
- An excellent clean at an enticing price. The slight difference in suction power aside, the Eufy RoboVac 30C is, to all intents and purposes, identical to the 15C MAX. It includes the same battery and form factor, and both dust boxes hold the same amount of dirt. The 15C MAX comes out ahead due to the fact that we do not consider boundary strips as essential. If you need them, however, you will prefer this model and will not mind cutting back on suction slightly more for the privilege.
- The same fantastic connectivity as others in the Eufy range. If you love the thought of sitting back and relaxing while the cleaning gets done, the app and voice control on the 30C ensure you literally only need to lift one finger. In bed, at work or on holiday, this Eufy will get the job done, and the dust box is big enough to cope with multiple cleans without the need to empty it.
- Extraordinary value for money. Even among the most expensive of the current generation of Eufy RoboVacs, it is clear that Anker knows its markets and always prices to sell. Even at full price, you get an excellent robot vacuum for your money, and regular deals and discounts ensure that you’ll never feel like you’ve spent more than you need to when you introduce this model into your home.
The Eufy RoboVac 30C is the Best Robot Vacuum For:
- Anyone that requires virtual walls without breaking the bank. There is no robot vacuum out there that combines this price with overall quality and support for magnetic boundary strips. Sure, these strips are occasionally unsightly depending on the colour of your floor, and they are not the sexiest solution when more expensive models use lasers and cameras for the same purpose. However, if you don’t want to close particular doors every time you clean, have rugs with tassels that can get caught in the brushes or prefer that your pet’s bowls remain upright, these strips do the job.
- Robot vacuum owners that appreciate peace of mind out of the box. We have been full of praise for Eufy as a company throughout the site, and we have had every reason to do just that. These devices rarely go wrong, but if you are unhappy with anything, you have a 12-month warranty to fall back on. Eufy also does not skimp on the spares in the package itself, with spare brushes, a set of replacement filters and even cable ties for the base unit wires all included in the box.
- Relaxed robovac owners that want to hear the TV while their home cleaning takes place. Eufy RoboVacs are among the quietest on the market. The current generation runs at around 55 dB, which is about the same as a microwave. That’s loud enough to know it is working hard but quiet enough to maintain your sanity. Compare that to the 75 dB on the Roomba 981 above, which is around the same level most have their televisions at in the first place, and that’s another reason why the Eufy’s might come out ahead. Naturally, those perks are shared by the 11S MAX and the 15C MAX too, but it is a worthy consideration if your decision comes down to Eufy or Roomba.
iRobot Roomba 671 – The Best Robot Vacuum for Anyone that Wants a Roomba on a Budget
- 3-Stage cleaning system picks up everything from small particles to large debris, to pet hair
- The auto-adjust cleaning head automatically adapts its height to keep the dual multi-surface brushes in close contact with different floor surfaces, to effectively clean carpets as well as hard floors
- Dirt detect sensors recognize concentrated areas of dirt and prompt the robot to clean them more thoroughly
- No smart home hub required
We have always had a soft spot for the Roomba 671, partly because we kept it after we reviewed it – and it still puts a shift in upstairs today. If you look at the official iRobot website, you’ll see that this robovac no longer forms part of the core range and it is not a ‘current-generation’ product in the eyes of the manufacturer. However, having released in June 2018, it is a little over a year old at the time of the latest revision to this feature. That is not old in robot vacuum terms, and even the Roomba 981 above is older. Crucially, you won’t get a better deal on a Roomba if you’re on a budget, and that works well in this model’s favour.
We have concluded at this point that Roomba is not and probably never will be a budget brand. The cheapest one you can easily get your hands on today is the iRobot Roomba 606, but our review concluded that cheap does not always mean cheerful. To get that low, iRobot stripped out all the connectivity that has proven so popular on Roomba devices, and there is not even a remote control in the box. It cleans well enough, but the 671 is superior enough at a close enough price that we consider this as being the definitive ‘budget’ model.
iRobot Roomba 671 Highlights
- An excellent battery. One reason why Roomba will never really fit into the ‘budget’ segment of the robot vacuum market is that they refuse to cut corners in some areas. The battery is one of them, and if your little robotic disc has the Roomba badge, you can rest assured that battery life will never be an issue. Even at the relatively lower end of the range, you’ll get 90 minutes out of the Roomba 671 on a single charge, and can expect it to be fully recharged and raring to go after a couple of hours on its dock.
- Excellent connectivity. We have said plenty about what constitutes a genuinely connectible robot vacuum elsewhere in our coverage, so we can keep this relatively short and say that it is right up there with anything else on this list. Outside of some specific features that differ between the models, the app and smart home features of the Roomba 671 compete stride for stride with the significantly more expensive 981.
- An efficient clean at a relatively low price. When you buy a robot vacuum for around this price, you accept that the cleaning patterns can be somewhat haphazard. The quality of Roomba’s technology shines through once again here as the 671 uses sensors to make up to 60 decisions per second on where to go next. It is by no means as advanced as the 981 in getting around, not least because it does not have a camera. Nevertheless, the cleaning quality is comfortably backed up by an outstanding ability to get around.
The iRobot Roomba 671 is the Best Robot Vacuum For:
- Anyone that wants the quality of a Roomba without breaking the bank. The Roomba 671 is not ‘cheap’ as such – it costs more than double the Deik Robot Vacuum Cleaner or the Amazonbasics Slim Robot Vacuum. However, it outperforms them too. ‘Roomba’ is not synonymous with robot vacuums in the same way as Hoover is for uprights for nothing, and the 671 is the most cost-effective way to get on that ladder.
- Buyers that want the most intensive clean at a mid-range price. On paper, this robotic vacuum is not the most powerful going by any stretch. Indeed, on a standard clean, it puts out 600 Pa of suction. If you’ve read this entire feature so far, you’ll know this is less than a third of the power of the RoboVac 15C MAX. As we always say, however, there is more to a robot vacuum’s cleaning capabilities than just suction. Part of the appeal of Roomba as a brand is the sheer amount of technology that works with the motor. Between brushes, dirt detection for intense cleaning on certain spots and other patented capabilities, you’ll discover results that comfortably beat expectations.
- Robot vacuum novices. We noted that some of the other robovacs on this list are ideal for newbies, and it would be unfair to say otherwise about the Roomba 671. It is a robotic cleaner that works out of the box. Linking it to your Wi-Fi networks is quick and easy, it comes already charged, and it has the capacity for app and voice control. The only downside to the connectivity is that this model does not come with a standalone remote. That is not the end of the world, but it is one reason why it falls behind the Eufy models that compete around the same kind of price point.
Lefant T700 – The Best Robot Vacuum for Anyone That Also Wants a Robotic Mop
- Flexible FreeMove Technology: non-stop cleaning Lefant RoboVac with built-in full-body senser will prevent stuck under the furnitures. the thin body make it easily into under the sofa, bed. prevent collision with furnitures and wall by Anti-collision senser. no worry about fall stair，It’s build-in anti-drop senser.
- Voice control & APP control with WIFI: use Alexa & Google Assistant voice commands to start and stop cleaning. you can direct control, scheduling, adjust suction and water tank output, change cleaning mode by APP. enjoy the intelligence and comfort of Lefant robot vacuum anytime, also come with remote controller.
- High clean Ability: spot clean mode,for the dirty area if you want to clean fast. edge clean mode, for effectively clean diry of wall and furniture conner. the intelligent navigation system, which effectively avoids repeated or missing clean.Electronic precise control of every drop of water for mopping,keep your home clean and no Water stain.
- Powerful Yet Quiet: 120mins running time for clean 150m², and it will automatically return to charge when it low Battery or after cleaning. 2200Pa suction for sweep away dust, hair fur and crumbs, good for tiles, hardwood floors and carpets. Noise min to 50db, doesn't disturb your daily life.
- What You Get：RoboVacT700, remote control (2 AAA batteries included), charging base, AC power adapter, water box, 2pc high-performance filters, 2 mopping cloth, 4 side brushes, roller brush assembly, suction assembly,quick guide and user manual and our worry-free 12-month warranty.
As noted in the introduction, the Lefant T700 takes over from the iLIFE V3S Pro as our fifth recommendation in this feature and it takes up a deserved position among the best robot vacuum cleaners on the market today. Perhaps the most notable part of its appearance here in this feature is the fact that while we’re focused only on robotic vacuuming capabilities here, it is a robot mop too. If you have a significant number of hard floors in your home, that might well push this robovac to the top of the list. After all, if it makes it in on the back of its vacuum capabilities, anything else is a bonus!
We will get the obvious question out of the way first. Is the Lefant T700 the fifth-best robot vacuum overall? Absolutely not. However, if you want something relatively cheap for a robot vacuum/mop hybrid, you will not find anything better than this model for your money. There are cheaper models out there, of course, but it is when we reach this kind of level that we can be confident that the robovac will do what we need it to do. Any lower than this and we might have to compromise on cleaning power, battery life or other essential functions.
In short, the Lefant T700 makes it onto this list on merit, and if you want the best clean, both wet and dry, and for the smallest outlay, you have to consider this one.
Lefant T700 Highlights
- Great vacuum cleaning and excellent mopping too. Robot vacuums that incorporate mopping facilities are becoming more and more common, presumably because there isn’t much of a departure in technology and most homes have floors that benefit from both. We’ve seen the good and bad that the industry has to offer in these terms. Indeed, just as the Lefant T700 has replaced the iLIFE V3S Pro on this list, iLIFE itself replaced that model with the V8s, which also mops and vacuums. However, what prevents a straight swap as part of this feature is the fact that the T700 outperforms it on both counts. Indeed, the mopping function on the V8s took one of the best robot vacuums and made it something almost annoying, with that model scoring a paltry 75 in our tests.
- Superior suction. We’ve seen some powerful robot vacuums in our time, but if you’ve taken a close look at the specs at the top of this feature, you’ll see that the T700 outdoes the competition rather comfortably. As noted, we’re mostly concerned with vacuuming capabilities in this feature, rather than mopping. Even if you don’t have a single hard floor in your home, you can safely ignore the mopping abilities and still enjoy one of the most powerful robot vacuums at this price point.
- A generous selection of spares and accessories. We know as well as anyone that robot vacuums don’t last forever and the various moving parts, most of which work very hard, will need replacing eventually. Fortunately, Lefant knows this too, and they’ve taken the opportunity to build up plenty of goodwill by including a surprisingly large number of spares and accessories in the box. As well as standard kit like the T700 itself, its base and its remote control, you receive an interchangeable dust box and water tank, two mop pads, two spare brushes and a spare filter. In short, you won’t have to even think about shopping for spares until a good year or so after buying.
Lefant T700 is the Best Robot Vacuum For:
- Anyone that has enough open hard floor space in their home to make a vacuum/mop hybrid worthwhile. There’s no shortage of units out there that combine sweeping and wet cleaning, but the T700 might well be the best, regardless of price. There are expensive alternatives and a fair few disappointments – the hybrid market isn’t exactly mature as of yet. It does only use water for mopping, so if you want a more intense clean, you will still have to do it yourself. Nevertheless, this robovac can be relied upon for sparkling results over just about any surface.
- Robovac owners that value their peace and quiet. Incredibly, the T700 manages to be both the quietest and most outright powerful robot vacuum in this feature. Roombas are notoriously noisy, so it is perhaps unsurprising to see this one performing better in terms of noise levels, but to beat out the Eufy models too is no mean feat. In practice, that means that you won’t have to plan your television viewing around vacuuming, as the T700 will happily get on with its job with minimal fuss.
The Best Robot Vacuum – In Summary
The best robot vacuum you can buy today considering everything is the Eufy RoboVac 15C MAX. As the sales figures would suggest, it has struck a fantastic balance between price and performance. Whether you prioritise cleaning performance, connectivity or ease of use, it checks all the boxes.
If you have a larger home, have a bigger budget in mind or demand the very best from your robot vacuum, then the Roomba 981 is outstanding. Both robot vacuums all but remove the need for an upright and all you’ll need to consider is some backup for the stairs.
The Eufy RoboVac 30C is worth the price if you feel you can get the most out of the boundary strip functionality, as it is the stronger suction and lower price that come together to nudge the 15C MAX ahead.
The Roomba 671 does a fantastic job and, as noted, it is the best option for anyone that wants the perks of Roomba ownership without shelling out for the 981 or any of the other more expensive models. Crucially, unlike the Roomba 606, it justifies the price and rivals anything else in the same kind of range.
Finally, if you’re not yet ready to take the plunge on a more established brand and the higher price that can go with them, or if you need your vacuum to mop well too, you’ll be pleased with the Lefant T700. As mentioned, it is nowhere near being literally the fifth-best robot vacuum in existence, but it was designed with a goal in mind and achieved it. It gets the job done on small-medium homes with low-pile carpets and hard floors, and packs in some surprising perks that will make pet owners and allergy sufferers take notice.
This feature is continuously updated as we review new robot vacuums, and positions can change at any time. We also acknowledge that what constitutes the best robot vacuum will vary depending on your personal requirements. If you would like to explore further options, we invite you to take a look at our general robot vacuum buyer’s guide. There, we cover all the significant considerations for anyone in the market for a new robot vacuum, along with suggestions of outstanding examples and links to further information to consider.
Featured Products in the Best Robot Vacuum Buyer’s Guide
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.